Your guide on how to celebrate fall with these seasonal activities:
Get In The Friday Night Lights Spirit
Odessa is home to Friday Night Lights! Whether your team is PHS or OHS, get your team gear on and head over to Ratliff Stadium for a fun Friday evening of football, snacks, and fun family time under the lights. Watching football on TV is never the same as stepping into the stadium and feeling that almost palpable football spirit in the air, along with a cool breeze in the evening and concession stand snacks in your hand.
Taste The Fall Flavors
Salvor the flavors of the season by visiting Rooster’s Diner for their seasonal Apple Cider Margarita, Coffee 903’s seasonal “903 Latte” (maple brown sugar latte), or stop by the newest café in town and try Cafe De Luna’s seasonal Pumpkin Spice Chai.
Stroll, Shop & Sip in Downtown
Enjoy the fresh air by taking a stroll into Downtown and get ready to shop, eat, and enjoy the new murals popping up! Stop into El Sinaloense for great seafood or SIDE Bar & Grill for a delicious burger, and remember to make note that they have live music on the patio every Friday. Pop into Copper Key Gift Store & Home Decor to find some fun quirky items for your office, house or that gift you are needing to find.
Sign Up For A Fall Art Class
Looking to get creative? There are plenty of spooky classes for you to take with friends and family to get you in the fall spirit. Find painting and pottery classes at The Painted Potter. Sign up for painting classes at Cheers To Paint Studio, Wine & Canvas Odessa, and be on the look out when Homemade Wine’s host a class next.
Get Spooked At A Haunted House
We dare you to take on Bloody Bill’s Chainsaw Carnage Haunted House this season – opening October 21st.
Dates: October 12 – 22 & 28-31
Shop Fall Finds At A Market
Don’t worry, there is a market for you early risers and you evening owls! Begin your Saturday morning off at the Parks Legado Farmers Market this season and find fresh pumpkins, fruits, plants, treats for your paw-friends, play games, enjoy live music and much more. For you evening owls, visit the Moonlight Market at Medical Center Health System – you will find fresh produce, live music, food trucks, craft vendors and much more under the stars! Be sure to also check out the Fall Market at Stomping Grounds by H&B on October 15th, for a variety of vendors, a coffee bar, food trucks, take pictures in their fall backdrop, and much more to enjoy with your family and friends.
Fall Events To Attend
- West Texas Fest | Sept.24 – West Texas Fest is a Texas Beer, Wine & Spirits Tastings, tied along with local food trucks, good music, axe throwing, and everyone’s favorite, a corn hole tournament!
- Fall Fest With CCWTX | Sept. 30 – Support Crisis Center of West Texas’ mission to end domestic and sexual violence at the first annual Fall Fest with CCWTX!
- Fall Festival 2022 – Oct. 15 – Enjoy inflatables, rock wall, pumpkin painting, food trucks, hot air balloon rides, rope courses, carnival games, face painting, zip lining, live music and a bmx show!
- 7th Annual Permian Basin Recycle Fashion Show | Oct. 21 – This beautiful, fun-filled “Denim & Diamonds” Ball highlights fashionista’s and artists from all over the Permian Basin.
- Boo-Ling For Charity | Oct. 24 – Enjoy a friendly bowling match, enter the costume contest, win raffles, auctions, and more at Cinergy Entertainment.
- Halloween In The Park | Oct. 29 – Get ready for spooky treats, games and books, and wear your costumes at Noel Heritage Plaza.
- Dia De Los Muertos | Oct. 29 – Celebrate and learn more about the customs and traditions of this special holiday. Free hands-on art activities and musical performances will be provided.
- Treats On The Streets | Oct. 31 – Downtown businesses have come together to offer a fun and safe environment for community members to #GetDowntown and trick-or-treat with lots of goodies!
- Merry Marketplace 2022 | Nov. 3-6 – Each year, locals and individuals from surrounding communities flock to the coliseum for the weekend long shopping extravaganza known as Merry Marketplace.