The Sandhills Stock Show & Rodeo is celebrating 90 Years!
Check off an item on your bucket list by attending the first major rodeo of the year, the Sandhills Stock Show & Rodeo. This annual event will take place at the Ector County Coliseum and will run from January 5 – 14. The Sandhills Stock Show & Rodeo serves as the kickoff of the new year for the Texas stock show circuit and rodeo season. This rodeo season welcomes back ten times PRCA Bullfighter of the Year, Dusty Tuckness. Entertaining the crowd, will be Keith Isley, who has been the 5-time Specialty Act of the Year, 6-times Comedy Act of the Year, 6-times Clown of the Year, and 5-times Coors Man in the Can. 12-time PRCA Announcer of the Year, Randy Corley, will be the voice of the Sandhills Stock Show & Rodeo. You can also shop from vendors that vary from fashion items, riding and roping accessories, and souvenirs to take back home.
Top Things To Know:
- This event started off as a stock show, quickly growing into a premiere horse show in 1940, and by 1955 welcomed professional rodeo cowboys and cowgirls to compete for top honors.
- The Sandhills Stock Show & Rodeo is the only Junior Livestock Show in the state of Texas which is exclusively for Hereford Cattle.
- The Sandhills Stock Show & Rodeo is a Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association qualifier
- The Junior Lamb Show is unique in exhibiting only Fine Wool Lambs.
- The Sandhill Stock Show & Rodeo has taken place since the 1930’s
- SATURDAYS (JAN 7 & 14) – PINK NIGHT – Cancer Awareness Night
- THURSDAY (JAN 12) – PURPLE NIGHT – Christian Youth Night
- FRIDAY (JAN 13) – BLUE NIGHT – Ford Night
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
Enjoy a concert in the evening after the rodeo on January 13 with Caleb Young. Caleb Young’s musical mix of Texas and Prime county will guarantee to keep you two-stepping all evening long. The concert will take place at the Ector County Coliseum in Barn G. Purchase tickets here
BEST LOCAL PLACES TO EAT NEARBY
Keith’s Hamburger Station | 4324 Andrews Hwy, Odessa, TX 79762
No-frills stop for quick burgers, sandwiches & fried entrees plus corn dogs & other comfort foods.
Must Try: Steak Finger Plater
The Legendary Barndoor Steakhouse | 2140 Andrews Hwy, Odessa, TX 79761
Local landmark offering steaks & sides in a rustic, barnlike setting with checkered tablecloths.
Must Try: Prime rib, chicken fried steak
Dumplins Y Amigos | 401 w 42nd St, Odessa, TX, 79764
Get ready for breakfast, lunch, and yummy Mexican plates.
Must Try: Breakfast chicken fried steak
Curbside Bistro | 3816 Andrews Hwy, Odessa, TX 79762
Originally a food truck concept, CSB has transformed into a full-fledged restaurant serving some of the best gourmet sliders and fries around town.
Must Try: Homer Simpson Sliders, El Jefe Sliders, Mother Clucker Sliders
My Maria Mexican & American Cuisine | 1307 N Grant Ave, Odessa, TX 79763
Started off as a food truck and now they have their own location. You will find the most authentic Jalisco flavor Birria.
Must Try: Quesabirria Tacos, Cafe de olla, birria noodles
OFFICIAL AFTER RODEO PARTY
Jimbo’s Garage | 1541 JBS Pkwy, STE 18, Odessa, TX 79761
Tag us in your rodeo pictures! #DiscoverOdessa
Discover Odessa is sharing all things Odessa, TX one photo a time. Consider us your official tour guide! 💙