Celebrate Dia de los Muertos, a Mexican holiday where families honor their departed loved ones who have passed this weekend in Odessa, TX!
DIA DE LOS MUERTOS EVENTS
Sign up for the Dia De Los Muertos themed Downtown Art Tour on OCT 28, where you will get to learn about the history of the Mexican holiday, while touring 5 different locations in Downtown Odessa. The tour includes stops:
- The Ector Theatre – UTPB Mariachi and UTPB Ballet Folklorico will be performing traditional songs and dances which provides an educational socio-cultural space for guests that is translated through their performance.
- Copper Key Realty – Guests will use their creativity to paint sugar skulls to take home and eat traditional pan dulce bread provided by La Fiesta Bakery.
- Side Bar & Grill – Enjoy spooky drinks, learn history of the ofrenda, and enjoy music by Erik & Adrian Madrid
- Torhcy’s Tacos – Taste test a variety of salsas and learn how to create a recipe and after enjoy a salsa dancing demonstration
- Odessa Marriott – Enjoy a craft cocktail demonstration and music performed by violinist.
The Ellen Noël Art Museum will be hosting their annual Dia De Los Muertos Free Community Art Day on OCT 29! Learn about the customs and traditions of the holiday while enjoying hands-on art activities, special dance performance by Viva Mexico Ballet Folkloric Dancers, and musical performance by Mariachi Armonia. Dress up is encouraged.
The Hispanic Heritage of Odessa is hosting their annual Dia De Los Muertos Parade on OCT 29. The parade begins at 6 PM at La Hacienda Vieja – After the parade, head over to the Noel Heritage Plaza at 301 W 5th St for Kids Activities, Mariachi, Awards for the Parade, and end the evening with a movie in the park!
Enjoy a Dia De Los Muertos Brunch at the Odessa Marriott Hotel & Conference Center on OCT 30 at 10AM. Celebrate with face painting , coloring pages, and a delicious brunch. Reservations only!
For a full list of events visit DiscoverOdessa.Org/Calendar
Tag us in your Dia de los Muertos photos with #DiscoverOdessa!